Career Engagement and Technology Specialist
Thank you for visiting my profile page. I have had the pleasure of working at Ithaca College for over 25 years, first in Residential Life and for the past 18 years in the Career Services. I am a two-time graduate of Binghamton University with a Master’s degree in Business Administration (concentration in Marketing) from the School of Management, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Harpur College of Arts and Sciences with majors in Psychology and Cinema. I strive to live an engaged, community focused life and as such, have been privileged to have have multiple service opportunities at Ithaca College, within my profession, and in the community. These include:
- Trustee, Ithaca College Board of Trustees (2008-2011)
- Lecturer, School of Business (2006-2012, 2017), Honors Program (2018, 2019)
- Staff Associate, First-Year Residential Experience (2013-2016)
- President, Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (3 year term, Presidential year 2011-2012)
- Director of Member Marketing, Eastern Association of Colleges and Employer (2007-2009)
- College Advisory Board Member, Experience.com (2011-2014)
Non-Profit Boards and Community Service
- Council Member, Town of Caroline (2014-present)
- President, National Dance Society (3 year term, Presidential year 2018-2019)
- Board Member, Greater Tompkins County Municipal Health Insurance Consortium (2014-present)
- Board Member, One World Market (2013-2019)
- Treasurer, Twin Tiers Honor Flight (2016-June 2018), Founding Board Member, (2012-June 2018)
- Member at Large/Founding Board Member National Dance Society (2013-2017)
- Chair, Caroline Democratic Committee (2015-2019)
- Member, Tompkins County Democratic Committee (2013-2019)
I am also actively engaged in the arts as an improv performer, experimental filmmaker, author, playwright, and songwriter/musician. Some highlights of my artistic activities include:
- Founding Member, Performer, ComedyFLOPs Improv Troupe (2011-present) – Proceeds from our shows are used to assist non-profit organizations in the Ithaca community.
- Co-Author, Cataclysm: The Myst Clipper Shicaine – Published May 4, 2016
- Co-Author, Club Hell – A play about what happens when 2 marketers find themselves in hell and decide they don’t want to be there.
- Experimental Filmmaker – Nationally exhibited at galleries and festivals.
- Songwriter/Performer – In 2011 my band Loose Change, for which I am a primary songwriter, released the song, Carry On, (iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby) as a fund raiser to help address the unmet and often catastrophic health care needs of 9/11 first responders.
My life is pretty full and some people wonder why I do what I do. The main reason is that I value living an engaged life as I define it. As a result I’m blessed with good, creative, friends, a house full of cats (currently 7), a dog, and an amazing and talented wife (Nancy Kane), who I’ve known since 8th grade. Sounds like a fair deal to me.
Specialities and InterestsSEEIELELIELA
Career Interest CommunitiesSustainability, Renewable Energy & Conservation Healthcare, Public Health & Sciences Arts, Music & Theater
Equity Affinity Career CommunitiesLGBTQVeterans
Kristin’s bio coming soon!
Equity Affinity Career CommunitiesTransfer / Non-TraditionalWomen
Career Engagement and Marketing Specialist
As a 1995 graduate of the IC Park School, I am so excited to be working back on this beautiful campus. I love my role in Career Services and truly enjoy helping students find the resources and opportunities they need to succeed after graduation. In addition to leading the marketing team in promoting our programs and services, I work closely with employers, alumni and community partners to find innovative ways to connect with our students.
My industry focus centers around Marketing, PR & Advertising, Media, Film & Entertainment, Entrepreneurship, Freelance & Consulting and Technology, Data and Analytics. In addition to owning my own business for over 12 years, I bring over 25 years of professional, marketing, consulting and communication experience to this role.
Specialities and InterestsSEEIELLAIC
Career Interest CommunitiesTechnology, Data & Analytics Media, Film & Entertainment Marketing, Public Relations & Advertising
Equity Affinity Career CommunitiesFirst GenerationLimited Economic Resources
Assistant Director of Career Engagement and Education
I provide both one-on-one and group career coaching to students of all class years. Topics include: career exploration, development of self-awareness, resume and cover letter review, internship and job searching, interviewing, graduate school preparation, and much more. I love working with students to develop mindfulness and to be reflective of their experiences in order to make informed decisions that will lead to career satisfaction and success.
Supervising our team of Peer Career Advisors is one of the most fulfilling parts of my role. I also enjoy planning large and small events for the office, connecting with employers and alumni, and facilitating presentations for students.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Le Moyne College and a Master of Science degree in Higher Education Administration from Drexel University. I’ve worked in Career Services at The University of Texas at El Paso and Lafayette College prior to joining IC.
Specialities and InterestsIEPIELELA
Career Interest CommunitiesGovernment, Law & Public Policy Finance, Accounting, Insurance & Real EstateEducation & Human Services
Equity Affinity Career CommunitiesPeople of ColorPeople with Visible & Invisible Disabilities
Assistant Director of Industry and Community Engagement
Kerry Spitze joined the Office of Career Services team at Ithaca College in July 2016. Prior to her current role, Kerry served as an academic advisor at several institutions in the Midwest, South, and Northeast. Trained and licensed as a mental health counselor, Kerry was drawn to higher education as a whole as she wanted to work in an environment filled with possibility, exploration, new understanding, and dreams mobilizing into action. As the Assistant Director for Industry & Community Engagement at IC, Kerry has found a fulfilling blend between coaching students as they work to develop their career knowledge and management abilities, and actively building relationships with employers, alumni, faculty/staff, and community partners to facilitate both job and internship opportunities.