POSITION TITLE: Patient and Provider Services Intern
WHO WE ARE: Nationally recognized for our volunteer model, the Clinic mobilizes a statewide corps of volunteer doctors, medical professionals and community partners to provide a patient-centered medical home to uninsured, low-income Rhode Island adults, and job training to those in the healthcare field. Nearly 2,000 vulnerable adults annually receive access to primary care, specialty care, labs and diagnostics, Wellness Programs and medicine at the Clinic – all totally free. The Clinic’s service to the community relies on the generosity of volunteers, community partners, and other collaborators .The Patient and Volunteer Services Intern will be a valued member of this dynamic team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Patient and Volunteer Services Intern will assist the Volunteer Coordinator VISTAs to accomplish duties and tasks to promote patient care including programs, volunteer support, database management, and administration.
The Intern is responsible to perform tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, and training new volunteer providers and medical recorders.
- Become proficient in Volunteer Coordinator responsibilities during first month of internship to later train the new
Provider Volunteer Coordinator VISTA to use:
- Volgistics (online volunteer software)
- eClinicalWorks (Electronic Medical Record)
- Credentialing forms
- FTCA application (malpractice insurance)
- Update provider credentialing files including malpractice insurance and PPD
- Support FTCA malpractice insurance program
- Assist in the credentialing and re-credentialing of medical providers
- Help maintain the provider and medical recorder schedule
- The Intern will gain familiarity working in a volunteer based non-for-profit and understanding the challenges underrepresented communities face to obtain healthcare.
- Further, the Intern will gain experience with Electronic Medical Records, generating reports on Excel, and become familiar with HIPAA policy.
At the end of the internship, the intern is expected to:
- Help onboard the new Provider Volunteer Coordinator VISTA to undertake responsibilities and daily task
- Create the Provider Schedule for the month of August
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with the FTCA Deeming Application which opens in August
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative interested in medicine or public health
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Commitment to the Clinic’s mission, volunteer model, and service to the uninsured
HOURS: The Clinic is open Mon & Wed 9am – 5pm; Tues & Thurs 9am – 9pm; and Fri 8am – 12pm.
COMMITTMENT: 20 hours a week when the clinic is open.QUESTIONS: Email Maria Giraldo firstname.lastname@example.org