Formulation Team Member Corporate Statement
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately owned global leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products, over-the-counter (OTC) drug products and medical devices. Nephron’s products are sterile, preservative and additive free and proudly made in the USA! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and Arizona. Our location provides the ability to develop new devices and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities. The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing, packaging, and distribution systems, in addition to high volume and redundant utility systems, to ensure production system availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS) manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a vial of medication to be formed, filled and sealed in a continuous process, in a sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention. As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron produces a variety of inhalation solutions, and has distributed over 1 billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009. Nephron is currently working on research and development projects that include over 50 new products. The company’s longstanding relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, hospitals, home care companies, and long term care facilities. Nephron has a sales force that covers all fifty states and Puerto Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality, affordable medications to everyone.
- Formulates raw materials into sterilized pharmaceutical product.
- Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
NOTE: The primary accountability below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountability listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
- Gather raw materials in preparation for batch formulation.
- Sanitize and inspect raw materials.
- Enter Clean rooms and perform weighing, measuring and addition of raw materials into vessels.
- Prepare formulation tanks for the addition of raw material.
- Add raw materials to formulation tanks in appropriate manner.
- Complete Formulation process and documentation of process.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent with Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, good math skills, and knowledge of Metric System.
- Expertise and skills with handling and mixing of chemicals through education and experience preferred.
- The ability and willingness to change direction and focus to meet shifting organizational and business demands.
- The ability to manage a multitude of resources and to be organized, accurate, and current with data and information.
- Position requires bending, typing, climbing, lifting, reaching, vision, standing, sitting, walking, and hearing.
- Incumbents are required to wear respiratory protection, laboratory coat, hearing protection, clean room gowns and other non-specified protective equipment as necessary.
- Must be able to work individually and on a team.
- The ability to create and contribute to an environment that values people, encourages trust, teamwork, and open communication, and provides participation, learning, feedback and recognition.
- The ability to effectively manage one self, demonstrates integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve development goals.
Salary range: Based on experience
EEO Statement: Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, mental or physical disability of a qualified individual, veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital status, familial status, genetic information, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.