Frederic W. Cook & Co., Inc.Executive Compensation Consultant (Entry Level)
About the firm:
We are a nationally-recognized, independent consulting firm specializing in the development and governance of compensation programs for senior executives, key employees, and board of directors. We are a leading advisor to Board Compensation Committees, with specific expertise in incentive plan design and insight into external trends and developments.
Since our founding in 1973, we have served over 3,000 clients across a broad range of industries. As named advisors to Board Compensation Committees, we are proud to have achieved market-leading positions among the Dow Jones Industrials, the S&P 500, and the Nasdaq 100. In addition, we serve private firms (including partnerships, ESOPs, and pre-IPO companies), foreign companies, and nonprofit / tax-exempt organizations (including health plans, trusts, foundations, and universities). We serve our clients from seven offices across the US and have an affiliation with FIT Remuneration in London and Pretium Partners in Hong Kong.
Working at FW Cook & Co.:
We aspire to hire only the best and be the best kind of meritocracy. Our belief is that professionals thrive in an atmosphere that encourages and supports responsibility and ambition. People are encouraged to build careers and know that their talent and drive will be rewarded with a supportive, dynamic, and enlivening atmosphere.
Creativity, judgment, entrepreneurial energy, initiative, independence, and willingness to assume responsibility are highly valued. We place special emphasis on individuals who are self-starters and who possess a high level of business acumen and commitment to excellence in a demanding, fast-paced professional environment.
About the role:
We are looking for entry-level consultants to join our San Francisco office – the role will be part of a small, fast-growing local team in a nationally-recognized and well-established consultancy. This position will be a valued member of project teams both locally and across offices, participating in analysis, report writing, and client communications.
Key characteristics of a successful candidate:
– Hardworking and self-motivated
– Organized and efficient; able to multi-task
– Able to both hone in on details and to step back and see the bigger picture
– Team-oriented but takes ownership of and pride in own work
– Strong verbal and written communication
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and willingness to meet tight deadlines, when necessary
– Ability to work both independently and as a team member with colleagues across the U.S.
– Perform comparative analysis of executive and director pay, equity incentives and stock plans, financial performance, incentive plan practices and design, and other specialized topics
– Draft and revise client reports, including designing charts and tables, summarizing findings, and formulating recommendations for client
– Collaborate with project teams on creative and strategic brainstorming to address client issues
– Participate in client calls and meetings; help facilitate client relationship and interactions
– BA or BS with demonstrated academic excellence
– Background in finance, business, or economics a plus
– Strong background in quantitative analytics, statistics, and accounting preferred
– Experience working with MS Excel and PowerPoint a plus
Highly competitive salary, bonus, profit sharing, 401(k), and health and welfare benefits
Location: San Francisco
Start date: Summer 2020 or sooner